Ingredients and method
- 1 bottle AYMES ActaGain Juce Orange
- 1 medium egg
- 35g plus 1 tsp. cornflour, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 300g mini chicken fillets
- Vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or ½ tsp chopped garlic from jar
- ½ tsp. freshly crushed fresh ginger or from jar
- ¼ tsp. crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- Cooked white rice and 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a shallow bowl beat egg, on a plate mix cornflour and seasoning. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornflour mixture, tapping off any excess.
- In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, heat ¼'' oil. Fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and keep warm.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 2 tsp. vegetable oil. Add garlic, ginger, and chilli flakes, cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tsp. cornflour and 50ml of AYMES ActaGain Juce Orange. Add remaining AYMES ActaGain Juce Orange, soy sauce, chilli sauce and hoisin sauce to the garlic mix and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly stir in the blended cornflour mix into the sauce to thicken and simmer for 2 minutes until sauce is syrupy.
- Toss chicken with sauce and serve with rice and spring onions.
kcal 600 | protein 46g | carbohydrate 85g
Find out more on
AYMES ActaGain Juce