1. Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Bahat G, Bauer J, Boirie Y, Bruyère O, Cederholm T, et al. Sarcopenia: Revised European consensus on definition and diagnosis. Age and Ageing. 2019.
2. Santilli V, Bernetti A, Mangone M, Paoloni M. Clinical definition of sarcopenia. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism. 2014.
3. Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Landi F, Schneider SM, Zúñiga C, Arai H, Boirie Y, et al. Prevalence of and interventions for sarcopenia in ageing adults: A systematic review. Report of the International Sarcopenia Initiative (EWGSOP and IWGS). Age Ageing. 2014.
4. Jones SE, Maddocks M, Kon SSC, Canavan JL, Nolan CM, Clark AL, et al. Sarcopenia in COPD: Prevalence, clinical correlates and response to pulmonary rehabilitation. Thorax. 2015.
5. Morishita S. Prevalence of Sarcopenia in Cancer Patients: Review and Future Directions. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016.
6. Sayer AA, Syddall H, Martin H et al. The developmental origins of sarcopenia. J Nutr Health Aging 2008; 12: 427–32.
7. Dodds R, Denison HJ, Ntani G, Cooper R, Cooper C, Sayer AA, et al. Birth weight and muscle strength: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging. 2012.
8. Yang M, Hu X, Xie L, Zhang L, Zhou J, Lin J, et al. SARC-F for sarcopenia screening in community-dwelling older adults Are 3 items enough? Med (United States). 2018;
9. Norman K, Stobäus N, Gonzalez MC, Schulzke JD, Pirlich M. Hand grip strength: Outcome predictor and marker of nutritional status. Vol. 30, Clinical Nutrition. 2011. p. 135–42.
10. Tanimoto Y, Watanabe M, Sun W, Tanimoto K, Shishikura K, Sugiura Y, et al. Association of sarcopenia with functional decline in community-dwelling elderly subjects in Japan. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2013.
11. Kim M, Won CW. Sarcopenia is associated with cognitive impairment mainly due to slow gait speed: Results from the Korean frailty and aging cohort study (KFACS). Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019.
12. Bischoff-Ferrari HA, Orav JE, Kanis JA et al. Comparative performance of current definitions of sarcopenia against the prospective incidence of falls among community-dwelling seniors age 65 and older. Osteoporos Int 2015; 26: 2793–802.
13. Malmstrom TK, Miller DK, Simonsick EM et al. SARC-F: a symptom score to predict persons with sarcopenia at risk for poor functional outcomes. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 2016; 7: 28–36.
14. Bahat G, Ilhan B. Sarcopenia and the cardiometabolic syndrome: a narrative review. Eur Geriatr Med 2016; 6: 220–23.
15. Bone AE, Hepgul N, Kon S et al. Sarcopenia and frailty in chronic respiratory disease. Chron Respir Dis 2017; 14: 85–99.
16. Beaudart C, Biver E, Reginster JY et al. Validation of the SarQoL(R), a specific health-related quality of life questionnaire for Sarcopenia. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 2017; 8: 238–44.
17. Liu P, Hao Q, Hai S, Wang H, Cao L, Dong B. Sarcopenia as a predictor of all-cause mortality among community-dwelling older people: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Maturitas. 2017.
18. Tan BHL, Brammer K, Randhawa N, Welch NT, Parsons SL, James EJ, et al. Sarcopenia is associated with toxicity in patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy for oesophago-gastric cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2015.
19. Morishita S. Prevalence of Sarcopenia in Cancer Patients: Review and Future Directions. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016.
20. Jones SE, Maddocks M, Kon SSC, Canavan JL, Nolan CM, Clark AL, et al. Sarcopenia in copd: Prevalence, clinical correlates and response to pulmonary rehabilitation. Thorax. 2015.
21. Antunes AC, Araújo DA, Veríssimo MT, Amaral TF. Sarcopenia and hospitalisation costs in older adults: a cross-sectional study. Nutr Diet. 2017.
22. Steffl M, Sima J, Shiells K et al. The increase in health care costs associated with muscle weakness in older people without long-term illnesses in the Czech Republic: results from the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE). Clin Interv Aging 2017; 12: 2003–07.
23. Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Kiesswetter E, Drey M, Sieber CC. Nutrition, frailty, and sarcopenia. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2017.
24. Deutz NEP, Bauer JM, Barazzoni R, Biolo G, Boirie Y, Bosy-Westphal A, et al. Protein intake and exercise for optimal muscle function with aging: Recommendations from the ESPEN Expert Group. Clin Nutr. 2014.
25. Bauer J, Biolo G, Cederholm T, Cesari M, Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Morley JE, et al. Evidence-based recommendations for optimal dietary protein intake in older people: A position paper from the prot-age study group. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013.
26. Tieland M, van de Rest O, Dirks ML, van der Zwaluw N, Mensink M, van Loon LJC, et al. Protein Supplementation Improves Physical Performance in Frail Elderly People: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012.
27. Welch AA. Nutritional influences on age-related skeletal muscle loss. Proc Nutr Soc. 2014.
28. Zhou J, Huang P, Liu P, Hao Q, Chen S, Dong B, et al. Association of vitamin D deficiency and frailty: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Maturitas. 2016.
29. Beaudart C, Buckinx F, Rabenda V, Gillain S, Cavalier E, Slomian J, et al. The effects of vitamin D on skeletal muscle strength, muscle mass, and muscle power: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2014.
30. SACN. Vitamin D and Health 2016. Sci Advis Comm Nutr. 2016.
31. Palacios C. The role of nutrients in bone health, from A to Z. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2006.