Ingredients and method
Ingredients - 2 portions
- 1 sachet AYMES Shake Ginger
- 4 slices fruit loaf
- 15g butter
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5g -10g caster sugar or Demerara sugar
- Oven temperature 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Grease a pudding dish approximately ½ litre capacity. Spread the remaining butter over one side of the fruit loaf slices.
- Cut the slices in quarters and place 6 pieces flat at the base of the dish, angle the other slices and overlap them to fit.
- Place the AYMES Shake Ginger in a bowl, add the egg together with the milk and vanilla extract, whisk to combine. Pour all over the fruit loaf slices and let it soak in for a few minutes. Cover and allow to stand for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar or Demerara sugar before placing on a baking sheet and putting into the oven, cook 25 – 30 minutes until the pudding is puffed up and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve with a jug of custard, single cream or a dollop of yogurt.
Find out more on