Ingredients and method
Ingredients – makes 3 pancakes
- 1 sachet AYMES® Shake Compact, Banana, Vanilla or Strawberry
- 50g plain flour
- 1 medium egg – beaten
- 100ml Full fat milk
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Sunflower or vegetable oil for frying
- Place the flour and AYMES Shake Compact in a bowl and mix together, add the beaten egg and then gradually whisk in the milk and water. Alternatively, you could use an AYMES shake container – place broken egg in container and beat with a fork, add the milk, flour and AYMES Shake Compact, mix around with a fork and add the water. Place on filter and then the lid. Shake well for 20-25 seconds. Remove lid and filter, stir around again with the fork. Place on filter and lid and shake well again for 15 seconds until fully blended.
- The batter will make 3 pancakes in a medium sized frying pan (20cm/8inch). Heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. When hot, pour batter into the middle of the pan to cover, swirl around to thinly coat the base. Cook for 2 minutes until the underside is lightly browned, toss over and brown on the other side. Lift out onto a plate and keep warm until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Add a little oil for each pancake.
- To serve: top with one of our suggested toppings below.
Fresh Topping Ideas
- Sliced banana, chocolate spread or chocolate sauce
- Blueberries drizzled with chocolate or toffee sauce
- Raspberries with runny honey or golden syrup
- Strawberries and ice cream
- Sugar and lemon juice
The pancakes are suitable for freezing. Place in a freezer bag or wrap in foil.
Each pancake: 225cal and 8.5g protein